Workshop 2: Working with Shoulder Dysfunction
In this workshop, we will discuss healthy movement of the shoulder and how to use the push through bar, the wall, and the Pilates ring to effectively to bring about healthy shoulder movement in your clients and yourself. The push through bar on the trapeze table is a unique apparatus. There is no other apparatus that moves like it in the movement arena. We will discuss how the push through bar’s rigid arc like movement is an excellent tool for assessing movement, and providing feedback, challenge, and guidance for shoulder movement.
- Participates will identify faulty movement characteristics on the push through bar and pair them with shoulder movement faults.
- Participants will identify improper movement on the push through bar to facilitate healthy movement patterns.
- Participants will describe proximal to distal and distal to proximal chain function and dysfunction through PNF patterns.
- Participants will demonstrate 8 series of shoulder exercises on the push through bar and understand the important combination of shoulder and spine movement assisted by a “between chain (not closed or open)” exercise.
- Participants will learn exercises on the wall and with the Pilates ring that clients can do anywhere to perfect and maintain healthy shoulder movement patterns.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is for Pilates instructors, physiotherapists, or physiotherapy assistants, or movement practitioners.