Fascial Architecture & Slings Philosophy
12 – 13 June 2019
Slings Essentials is a rich course for movement and bodywork professionals who want to understand fascia in motion comprehensively.
The first half of Slings Essentials revolves around fascial architecture, its interactive relationship with other systems and 10 movement relevant qualities of fascia.
The second part is dedicated to the Slings philosophy and the long-term training aims, followed by the 10 guiding principles and 10 myofascial training techniques.
Although Slings Essentials contains a good portion of theory (as tends to be the nature of a science-informed foundation education), getting the body moving is still an integral part of the training. Morning lessons and practical applications linked to the theory are as much a part of the course as the integral-anatomy-Sudoku that makes fascia so fascinating.
If you are serious about fascia and a comprehensive understanding of its role in movement, this course is for you.
In a Nutshell
- Study of fascial architecture, characteristics and structural relationships in regards to movement.
- Definition and characteristics of different fascial types (layers).
- Insight into tensegrity and biotensegrity.
- Force transmission within the fascial web.
- Tone and contractibility of fascial tissue.
- Glide and elasticity of fascia.
- Relaxation in the myofascial system.
- Hydration and nourishment of fascial tissue.
- Fascia’s role in sensory perception.
- Discussion of the Slings philosophy.
- Discussion of the ‘Big 6’ long-term training goals.
- Study and practical application of the 10 Slings Training Principles.
- Study and practical application of the 10 Slings Training Techniques.
- Experiencing exercises, myofascial training techniques and philosophy in Slings master classes.
|Duration:||2 days (14 hours)|
|Handout:||In-depth education manual with detailed photographic references.|
|Prerequisite:||Anatomy Trains in Motion|
|Certificate:||Certificate of Participation|
Certified Anatomy Trains Movement Teacher
Mumu is a Senior Lecturer & Manager art of motion training in movement®, Australia Director & Proprietor of art of motion Movement Studio, Margaret River Australia
Mumu is a dedicated Movement Teacher, Dancer & Educator: Certificate IV in Matwork Contemporary Pilates & Teaching Methodology; Diploma in Matwork & reformer Contemporary Pilates & Teaching Methodology; Diploma of Contemporary Dance, Laban Centre London; Physical Theatre Teacher and Choreographer, Ecole d‘ Humanite Switzerland; Wu Tao Instructor (A dance form that incorporates the Chinese Meridians)
12 – 13 June 2019
Wed – Thu
9am – 5pm daily
S$760 early registration
S$840 after 22 May 2019
Full fees are due upon registration.
21 Mount Elizabeth, Singapore 228516
Diego Chia / Lecia Ang
Phone: +65 6737 3406
Text: +65 9720 3825